ABOUT NEXT GENERATION DIGITAL TV
- What is Digitization?
- TV signals are currently distributed in the country in analog as well as in digital and terrestrial formats. A digital format provides better picture quality & sound and other benefits leading to a better quality service. As part of Digitization, every cable operator will be legally bound to transmit digital signals, which can be received at the subscriber''s home, only through a Set Top Box, often called an STB
- What is Digital Addressable Cable TV Systems (DAS)?
- DAS is a cable TV service in which TV channels are sent through cable TV network in digital and encrypted form. Only authorized users can receive channels using a Set-Top-Box(STB) and TV set. The authorization is given by the service provider. This system is able to carry large number of TV channels, radio services and other value added services. In this system the consumers can choose channels/ services of their choice and pay only for the same.
- What is Set Top Box (STB)?
- “Set top box” (STB) is a device, which is connected to a television set at the consumer premises and which allows a consumer to view encrypted channels of his choice. The basic function of the set top box is to decrypt the channels and to convert the digital signals into analog mode for viewing on television sets. A smart card or viewing card is a part of set top box which allow only those channels to be viewed which are subscribed by the consumer and authorized by the service provider.
- How can I get a Next Generation Digital TV connection?
- As per TRAI guideline, it is compulsory to submit the Subscriber Application Form with valid documents to get the Digital TV connection. You can contact Nodal officer/ Franchise of Next Generation Digital TV in your area for getting new connection. Subscribers can also contact Next Generation Digital TV helpline on 020-41488000.
- Will the services be affected due to weather interference?
- The services are hardwired right into your home through your existing Cable connection for consistently clear viewing. The best part of our services is that you will enjoy it without the weather interference problems of satellite dishes which are affected in bad weather. Plus, you don''t have to install an unsightly dish on your home.
- What is the ideal solution for me if I have more than one television at home?
- If you have more than one television at home, then you have to install one Set-Top-Box per Television Set.
- What are options available for availing Next Generation Digital TV services?
- Next Generation offers different models of Set-Top-Boxes to cater different features such as SD and HD services. You can choose the model as per your requirements. For more information about models of Set-Top-Box and features you can contact your local cable operator or call our helpline No. 020-41488000.
CHANNELS, PACKAGES & SUBSCRIPTION
- What are the Packages available in Next Generation Digital TV?
- Next Generation Digital TV gives you complete control on what you want to watch. Now you can subscribe to any of the available Base Packs as per your requirements & you can opt for Add-On Packs as per your choice for additional channels. You also have the choice of picking your favorite regional channels through various Regional Packs.
- Are there any Regional channels available on Next Generation Digital TV?
- Keeping in mind our diverse audiences, we have several choices of Regional channels covering major languages such as Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Gujarati, Punjabi, Urdu, Bengali, Bhojpuri and many more. You can subscribe to any of your favorite regional channels through various Regional Packs as add-on to your Base Packs.
- What will be the subscription charges?
- Next Generation Digital TV gives you complete control on what you want to watch. You are now absolutely free to choose the package as per your choice and pay only for those packages you wish to subscribe. The subscription charges will include Base Package Charges, Add-on package charges & any other service charges. If you wish to opt for any Add-on packs then only they will form part of your subscription.
- What are the tax components?
- Service tax will be payable on the total charges for current month which includes Base Package subscription charges & Add-on package charges & any other service charges. In addition to that, Entertainment Tax @ Rs 45 per month will be charged per connection. The taxes may vary as per rules & regulations set by the Government of India from time to time.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & FEEDBACK
- What should I do in case of any problem with my Next Generation Digital TV Set-Top-Box?
- All set top boxes are covered under a Basic Warranty for a period of 12 months from the date of installation (“Warranty Period”). If you encounter any problem, you can call on the 24x7 helpline No. 020-41488000. Our helpdesk team will be able to help you resolve the problem. If the problem persists, we have a dedicated field team who are trained to solve any technical problems that you may encounter. You can also contact Nodal officer/ Franchise of Next Generation Digital TV in your area for registering your complaints.